La Salle knocks off St. Bonaventure 75-73 in 2OT
OLEAN, N.Y. (AP)—Steve Weingarten hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with 32 seconds left in the second overtime as 10th-seeded La Salle knocked off seventh-seeded St. Bonaventure 75-73 Tuesday night to reach the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 Conference tournament.
The Explorers (15-17), who will play No. 2 seed Temple on Friday, trailed by 14 in regulation and overcame a seven-point deficit with 1:22 left in the first overtime.
The Bonnies (16-14) led 71-67 with 3:04 remaining, then Jerrell Williams, who paced La Salle with 19 points, made a layup and Tyreek Duren’s two free throws tied it with 2:32 left.
After Michael Davenport hit two foul shots to push St. Bonaventure ahead with 42 seconds to go, Weingarten hit his 3.
Ruben Guillandeaux added 18 points for the Explorers, including the tying shots in regulation and the first OT.
Andrew Nicholson’s 30 points led the Bonnies.
- Expect an early NCAA tourney exit from free-falling Villanova
- No. 10 Florida State holds off No. 12 Louisville 73-68
- Marquette rides big 1st half to 102-94 upset of Creighton
- No. 11 Oregon tops Stanford for record 16th straight win
- Williams-Goss leads No. 4 Gonzaga over Portland 73-52
- No. 9 North Carolina beats Boston College 90-82