St. Bonaventure holds off Rhode Island 74-68
Ogo Adegboye added 16 points for the Bonnies (16-13, 8-8 Atlantic 10 Conference), who clinched the No. 7 seed and a first-round home game in the upcoming conference tournament.
St. Bonaventure led 51-35 near the midway point of the second half, but a 22-7 run, capped by a 3-pointer from Marquis Jones, pulled the Rams (18-12, 9-7) within one, 58-57, with 3:39 to go.
Delroy James kept the margin at one after hitting a layup with less than 3 minutes to play, but Adegboye reeled off seven straight points to put the Bonnies ahead for good, 67-59, with 44 seconds left.
Jones scored 22 points and James added 19 for Rhode Island, which shot 53.3 percent (16 of 30), including 6 of 7 from 3-point range in the second half.
- Xavier-St. Bonaventure Preview
- Gonzaga, Villanova, Kansas stay 1-2-3 in AP poll
- No. 19 Florida St. bounces back with rout of Boston College
- Morris, Thomas lead Iowa St past Texas Tech, 82-80 in OT
- SEC features several teams sitting on NCAA Tournament bubble
- No. 11 Wisconsin beats No. 23 Maryland 71-60 in Big 10 tilt