W. Michigan wins 81-68, clinches MAC West title
The Broncos (19-11, 11-5) won their fourth straight game and earned a bye in the opening round of the MAC tournament. They will play their first game Thursday against the winner of the game between No. 7 Bowling Green and No. 10 Northern Illinois.
Central Michigan (10-20, 7-9) finishes as the No. 9 seed and will face No. 8 Buffalo in the first round on Tuesday.
Mike Douglas led Western Michigan with 28 points. Juwan Howard Jr. added 19 and Matt Stainbrook had 10 points and 12 rebounds.
Jalin Thomas had 25 points to lead the Chippewas, who trailed 40-31 at halftime and never got closer than five points the rest of the way.
- W. Michigan wins 81-68, clinches MAC West title
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot