Johnson leads Hawaii over San Jose State 77-71
Vander Joaquim and Bo Barnes scored 12 points each for the Warriors (18-10, 8-7 WAC), who won their fifth straight game and pulled into a three-way tie for fourth place in the conference with a game Saturday at Fresno State remaining.
Adrian Oliver, playing his final home game for San Jose State, scored a team-high 18 points but shot just 5 for 16 from the field. Justin Graham scored 15 points, while Keith Shamburger added 14 and Wil Carter 13 for the Spartans (15-13, 5-10), who had their four-game winning streak snapped.
Johnson, who made 6 of 10 shots from 3-point range, scored 18 of his points in the second half, when the Spartans shot just 32.4 percent from the field.
- Follow-up: Penn State masturbator claims he was merely touching his penis and selling hand lotion
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons