Murray leads La Salle past Fordham 86-61
The Explorers (14-16, 6-9 Atlantic 10 Conference), coming off a 72-51 win over Massachusetts, had another strong defensive performance. After setting a season-low for opponents’ field-goal percentage (29.8 percent) against the Minutemen, La Salle allowed the Rams to shoot only 28.7 percent (25 of 87).
Chris Gaston scored 19 points and grabbed 17 boards for Fordham (6-21, 0-15), which has lost 17 straight games.
The Explorers jumped out to a 45-21 halftime advantage and never let their lead dip below 22 points.
Ruben Guillandeaux added 17 points for La Salle, which shot 45.8 percent from the field (33 of 72) and outrebounded Fordham 56-52. Jerrell Williams had 12 points and nine rebounds to became the eighth Explorers player with 1,000 points and 750 rebounds.
- Murray leads La Salle past Fordham 86-61
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game