Cooper has career night, Ohio beats Akron 80-55
The Bobcats (17-13, 9-6 Mid-American Conference) shot 51.8 percent from the field in the game (29 of 56) and 56.3 percent in the first half (18 of 23). They led 44-22 at halftime, holding the Zips (19-11, 9-6) to just 9-of-27 shooting before the break.
Tied at 18, Ohio outscored Akron 20-2 over a 16:17 stretch in the first half. Ricardo Johnson’s jumper capped the spurt that saw the Bobcats go 9 of 11 from the field, while holding Akron to 1-of-10 shooting.
Ohio outrebounded the Zips 40-21, leading to 19 second-chance points and 31 points in the paint.
Ivo Baltic added 17 points and DeVaughn Washington had 11 for the Bobcats, who won their fifth straight and ninth in their last 11.
Alex Abreu scored 11 for the Zips, who had won seven in a row.
- How did the tradition of cutting down the nets begin?
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington