Cooper has career night, Ohio beats Akron 80-55
The Bobcats (17-13, 9-6 Mid-American Conference) shot 51.8 percent from the field in the game (29 of 56) and 56.3 percent in the first half (18 of 23). They led 44-22 at halftime, holding the Zips (19-11, 9-6) to just 9-of-27 shooting before the break.
Tied at 18, Ohio outscored Akron 20-2 over a 16:17 stretch in the first half. Ricardo Johnson’s jumper capped the spurt that saw the Bobcats go 9 of 11 from the field, while holding Akron to 1-of-10 shooting.
Ohio outrebounded the Zips 40-21, leading to 19 second-chance points and 31 points in the paint.
Ivo Baltic added 17 points and DeVaughn Washington had 11 for the Bobcats, who won their fifth straight and ninth in their last 11.
Alex Abreu scored 11 for the Zips, who had won seven in a row.
- Cooper has career night, Ohio beats Akron 80-55
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Ill-advised shots, empty possessions fuel Arizona's stunning late collapse
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0