Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeats Jackson State 62-56
Townsend’s layup with 3:55 left gave the Golden Lions (7-22, 7-10 SWAC) the lead for good at 51-50. He scored 16 of his 21 points after halftime, when Pine Bluff trailed 29-24.
Allen Smith had 13 points and Terrell Kennedy 12 for Pine Bluff.
Jenirro Bush led Jackson State (15-13, 11-5) with 16 points and Grant Maxey scored 12. The Tigers shot 32 percent from the field while the Golden Lions made 40 percent of their shots.
There were 46 fouls called and 66 free throws—33 for each team—attempted in the game.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeats Jackson State 62-56
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four