Buggs has 17, Gardner-Webb beats High Point 64-60
The Runnin’ Bulldogs (11-20, 6-12 Big South Conference), who took a 24-0 lead, didn’t allow a point until Earnest Bridges made two free throws for the Panthers (11-18, 7-11) with 9:52 left in the first half. It was Gardner-Webb’s best start since jumping out to a 14-0 advantage at No. 20 Kentucky on Nov. 7, 2007.
Jon Moore added 12 for Gardner-Webb, which will face top-seeded Coastal Carolina on Tuesday in the first round of the conference tournament.
Gardner-Webb held High Point to 3-of-22 shooting and forced 21 Panthers’ turnovers, 13 in the first half.
High Point responded with a 12-0 run to start the second half but never threatened.
Nick Barbour led High Point with 17 points and Shay Shine added 10.
- Buggs has 17, Gardner-Webb beats High Point 64-60
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four