Gonzaga wins share of 11th straight WCC title
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Elias Harris scored 17 points as Gonzaga won a share of its 11th consecutive West Coast Conference regular-season title with a 68-31 win over San Diego Saturday night.
The title puts the Bulldogs second on the NCAA’s all-time list behind UCLA, which captured 13 straight Pac-8 or Pac-10 championships (1967-79).
Gonzaga scored 17 unanswered points to take a 17-2 lead with 10:40 left in the half. San Diego (6-23, 2-12), which scored 31 seconds into the game, missed nine straight shots in the run.
Harris scored 15 in the first half as the Bulldogs led 37-19 at halftime. They shot 52.2 percent in the first half and didn’t score outside the paint until Marquise Carter’s 3-pointer at the 3:19 mark.
- Bruce Pearl's ex-wife opens a nail salon called Alimony's
- Fox leads No. 5 Kentucky over Mississippi State 88-81
- Koenig leads No. 17 Wisconsin past Michigan, 68-64
- Rowan leads NC State past Pitt 79-74
- Gamecocks ranked again, play No. 19 Florida, No. 5 Kentucky
- Freshman Jonathan Isaac on a roll for No. 10 Florida State