Columbia Union 84, Longwood 113
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP)—Antwan Carter had career-highs of 33 points and 20 rebounds to lead Longwood in a 113-84 win over Washington Adventist on Wednesday.
Aaron Mitchell added 21 points and 10 rebounds and Martiz Washington had a career-high 23 points for the Lancers.
The Lancers (12-19) had season-highs in points and field-goal percentage with (62.3 percent, 43 of 69) in their last game of the season.
Longwood outscored the Division II Shock 64-34 in the paint and outrebounded them 49-33, leading to 17 second-chance points. The Lancers, who won their fourth straight, were 6 of 19 from 3-point range, giving them a school record 85 this season.
Washington-Adventist was 8 of 11 from 3-point range in the first half and trailed 53-51 at the break. The Shock then went 0 for 6 from long-range in the second half in their fifth straight loss.
Jamie Newton led the Shock (9-16) with 24 points.
- Columbia Union 84, Longwood 113
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout