Columbia Union 84, Longwood 113
FARMVILLE, Va. (AP)—Antwan Carter had career-highs of 33 points and 20 rebounds to lead Longwood in a 113-84 win over Washington Adventist on Wednesday.
Aaron Mitchell added 21 points and 10 rebounds and Martiz Washington had a career-high 23 points for the Lancers.
The Lancers (12-19) had season-highs in points and field-goal percentage with (62.3 percent, 43 of 69) in their last game of the season.
Longwood outscored the Division II Shock 64-34 in the paint and outrebounded them 49-33, leading to 17 second-chance points. The Lancers, who won their fourth straight, were 6 of 19 from 3-point range, giving them a school record 85 this season.
Washington-Adventist was 8 of 11 from 3-point range in the first half and trailed 53-51 at the break. The Shock then went 0 for 6 from long-range in the second half in their fifth straight loss.
Jamie Newton led the Shock (9-16) with 24 points.
- Columbia Union 84, Longwood 113
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the west returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch