SIU-Edwardsville dominates Hannibal-LaGrange 84-55
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (AP)—Kevin Stineman scored 17 points to lead five players in double figures as SIU-Edwardsville dominated NAIA opponent Hannibal-LaGrange 84-55 on Thursday night.
Michael Messer had 15 points while Cody Rincker and Nikola Bundalo scored 14 each for the Cougars (8-21), who also got 10 points from Corey Wickware. Stineman made 7 of 8 shots.
Fernando Fernandez led the Trojans with 12 points and 14 rebounds. He made five of his first seven shots as Hannibal-LaGrange jumped out to an 18-10 lead. But SIU-Edwardsville finished the opening half on a 29-5 run for a 39-23 advantage at the break.
SIU-Edwardsville stretched the lead to as many as 32 points in the second half.
The Cougars shot 50.8 percent (33 of 65) for the game while the Trojans connected on 23 of 63 field-goal attempts (36.5 percent).
Hannibal-LaGrange (8-18), an NAIA program from Hannibal, Mo., designated the game as an exhibition.
- SIU-Edwardsville dominates Hannibal-LaGrange 84-55
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals