SIU-Edwardsville dominates Hannibal-LaGrange 84-55
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (AP)—Kevin Stineman scored 17 points to lead five players in double figures as SIU-Edwardsville dominated NAIA opponent Hannibal-LaGrange 84-55 on Thursday night.
Michael Messer had 15 points while Cody Rincker and Nikola Bundalo scored 14 each for the Cougars (8-21), who also got 10 points from Corey Wickware. Stineman made 7 of 8 shots.
Fernando Fernandez led the Trojans with 12 points and 14 rebounds. He made five of his first seven shots as Hannibal-LaGrange jumped out to an 18-10 lead. But SIU-Edwardsville finished the opening half on a 29-5 run for a 39-23 advantage at the break.
SIU-Edwardsville stretched the lead to as many as 32 points in the second half.
The Cougars shot 50.8 percent (33 of 65) for the game while the Trojans connected on 23 of 63 field-goal attempts (36.5 percent).
Hannibal-LaGrange (8-18), an NAIA program from Hannibal, Mo., designated the game as an exhibition.
- SIU-Edwardsville dominates Hannibal-LaGrange 84-55
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook