Moore, Gardner-Webb defeat Radford 71-63
The Runnin’ Bulldogs (10-20, 5-12 Big South Conference) trailed 53-49 with 6:21 to play before scoring 11 straight to take a 60-53 lead with less than 3 minutes to go.
Led by Moore’s 12 points in the final 3 minutes, Gardner-Webb maintained at least a 5-point advantage the rest of the way.
Luke Davis added 10 assists for the Runnin’ Bulldogs, who shot 64 percent from the floor (16 of 25) in the second half, including 6 of 12 from 3-point range.
Jareal Smith scored 16 points, Blake Smith added 13 and Jeremy Robinson 11 for the Highlanders (5-23, 2-15), who have lost six straight and 12 of their last 13.
Gardner-Webb trailed by as many as 12, 47-35, with 11:25 remaining before Josh Henley’s layup tied it at 53 with 4:47 left.
- Moore, Gardner-Webb defeat Radford 71-63
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook