Utah Valley edges North Dakota 67-64
OREM, Utah (AP)—Ben Aird had 19 points, including a go-ahead dunk with 16 seconds left, and Utah Valley beat North Dakota 67-64 on Saturday night.
Aird put the Wolverines ahead 65-64. Isiah Williams made two free throws with 3 seconds left to complete the scoring.
Holton Hunsaker added 15 points for the Great West Conference-leading UVU (17-10, 9-1).
Josh Schuler led North Dakota (13-12, 5-3) with 15 points. Jamal Webb had 14 points and Troy Huff scored 10. North Dakota jumped to a 9-0 lead, but Shawn Deadwiler’s layup before halftime gave Utah Valley a 29-27 lead at intermission.
Utah Valley won the previous meeting, 107-96 in four overtimes, on Jan. 20 in Grand Forks, N.D.
- Utah Valley edges North Dakota 67-64
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina