Ohio outlasts Winthrop in overtime 77-74
The Bobcats (14-13) led 64-55 with 3:45 left in regulation, but two Robbie Dreher 3-pointers, a Reggie Middleton layup and a free throw from Charles Corbin tied it at 64 with 58 seconds to go, forcing the extra frame.
The Eagles (12-15) went 4 of 11 from the floor (36.4 percent) in OT, including 0 for 4 from 3-point range and Ohio made 7 of 9 free-throw attempts to seal the win.
Middleton finished with 19 points, Corbin added 16, Gideon Gamble had 11 and Dreher 10 for Winthrop, which trailed 26-6 after missing 10 of its first 12 shots from the floor.
The Eagles trailed 30-25 at halftime, but shot 71.4 percent in the second half (15 of 21), including 5 of 7 from beyond the arc (71.4 percent) to force the OT.
- Gonzaga-San Francisco Preview
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims