Ohio outlasts Winthrop in overtime 77-74
The Bobcats (14-13) led 64-55 with 3:45 left in regulation, but two Robbie Dreher 3-pointers, a Reggie Middleton layup and a free throw from Charles Corbin tied it at 64 with 58 seconds to go, forcing the extra frame.
The Eagles (12-15) went 4 of 11 from the floor (36.4 percent) in OT, including 0 for 4 from 3-point range and Ohio made 7 of 9 free-throw attempts to seal the win.
Middleton finished with 19 points, Corbin added 16, Gideon Gamble had 11 and Dreher 10 for Winthrop, which trailed 26-6 after missing 10 of its first 12 shots from the floor.
The Eagles trailed 30-25 at halftime, but shot 71.4 percent in the second half (15 of 21), including 5 of 7 from beyond the arc (71.4 percent) to force the OT.
- Ohio outlasts Winthrop in overtime 77-74
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown