Tennessee State defeats Delaware State 78-63
Moore was 7 of 10 to lead the Tigers’ (12-15) strong shooting effort. Tennessee State made 59.2 percent from the field (29 of 49), including 7 of 14 from 3-point range.
The Tigers were 15 of 28 from the floor, while holding the Hornets to 8-of-27 shooting in the first half to take a 38-22 lead at break. Tennessee State had an even better performance in the second half, connecting on 66.7 percent of its field goals (14 of 21).
The Tigers’ shooting efficiency helped them overcome 22 turnovers, which led to 20 Delaware State points.
Jacquan Nobles added 15 points and Robert Covington chipped in 12 for Tennessee State, which snapped a three-game losing skid and won for just the second time in its past eight games.
Casey Walker led the Hornets (9-16) with 21 points.
- Tennessee State defeats Delaware State 78-63
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel