Louisiana-Lafayette edges Western Kentucky 67-64
The Ragin’ Cajuns (12-14, 9-5 Sun Belt Conference) saw a 17-point second-half lead evaporate, but held on to snap the Hilltoppers’ three-game winning streak. Western Kentucky (13-14, 7-7) also lost for the first time in five road games.
With Louisiana-Lafayette ahead 45-28 with 17:23 to go, the Hilltoppers used a 21-4 run to tie it at 49 with 9 minutes to go.
The Ragin’ Cajuns regained a five-point lead, then Western Kentucky got to 65-63 with 1:26 to go. After the teams exchanged foul shots, Josh Brown went 1 of 2 from the line with 8 seconds left and Kahlil McDonald missed a potential tying 3-pointer with 1 second remaining.
Steffphon Pettigrew’s 18 points led Western Kentucky.
- Penn State passes on Larry Brown. Was that the right choice?
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58