Murray State cruises past Evansville 72-47
The Racers (21-7), coming off a 64-57 loss to Southeast Missouri State, have won nine of their last 10.
Murray State opened the game with a 15-6 spurt. After the Purple Aces (14-13) made the first basket of the second half to close the gap to two points, at 30-28, the Racers went on a 15-1 run to make it 45-29 with 15:17 to go.
Evansville got to 56-45 with 5:35 left on a Denver Holmes layup, then the Racers outscored the Purple Aces 16-2 the rest of the way, with Evansville’s only other basket a Clint Hopf jumper with 4:32 to go.
Isaac Miles added 12 points for Murray State, Isaiah Canaan had 10 and Jeffery McClain chipped in eight points, 12 rebounds and six assists.
Colt Ryan’s 13 points led the Purple Aces, who have lost three in a row.
- Murray State cruises past Evansville 72-47
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2