Morehead State beats Southeast Missouri St 64-52
Sam Goodman and Demonte Harper each finished with 12 points for the Eagles (19-8, 11-4 Ohio Valley Conference), who won their seventh straight game.
Morehead State jumped out to a 13-2 lead and went into halftime with an 11-point advantage. The Eagles never trailed but had trouble pulling away midway through the second half, as Southeast Missouri State cut their lead to five points on a layup by Marcus Brister.
But the Redhawks (7-19, 5-10) did not pull closer, as Morehead State answered with six straight points, highlighted by Faried’s slam dunk to help them cruise the rest of the contest.
Leon Powell led the Redhawks with 11 points, while Anthony Allison and Lucas Nutt each scored 10.
- Virginia Tech 70, No. 12 Georgia Tech 69
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69