Dwight lifts Iona over Rider 100-96 in OT
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. (AP)—Rashon Dwight made the go-ahead layup with 17.5 seconds left in overtime, then hit two free throws to give Iona a 100-96 victory over Rider on Friday night, snapping the Broncs’ six-game winning streak.
Mike Glover had 24 points and 17 rebounds for the Gaels (11-6, 5-1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who have won three in a row.
Iona led 30-13 in the first half, but the Broncs closed to 42-38 at the break.
After Rider built an eight-point lead, the game was tied six more times in regulation. Mike Ringgold made a layup with 6 seconds to go and Glover missed his layup at the buzzer to force overtime.
The Gaels, who came in leading the league in scoring (79.3 points per game), had their first 100-point outing since beating Marist 100-84 on March 5, 2006.
Novar Gadson scored 22 and Ringgold had 21 for Rider (12-6, 4-2), which made a season-high 13 3-pointers.
- Florida A&M defeats Winston-Salem State 75-61
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69