Dominican, Calif. 65, Hampton 78
SAN FRANCISCO (AP)—Darrion Pellum scored a career-high 34 points and Hampton pulled away late for a 78-65 victory over Dominican, Calif., on Wednesday in the Hilltop Challenge.
Pellum knocked down a career-best nine 3-pointers for the Pirates (10-2), who outscored NAIA Division II Dominican 17-6 over the final 4:59. Pellum was one shy of the school record, set by Dexter Williams in 1989.
Charles Funches had 14 points and 16 rebounds for Hampton. Kwame Morgan added 20 points.
Dominican (0-8), which came into the game having lost its first seven by an average margin of 18.9 points, hung around for much of the game behind Leon Hart’s 17 points and Killian Larson’s 16 points and six rebounds.
The game had been postponed by a day because Hampton was unable to leave the Washington, D.C., area due to a major snowstorm.
- Texas-San Antonio defeats Troy 76-70
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne