Young, Willard lift Pacific over Santa Clara 69-59
Young’s four-point play midway through the second half was part of a 21-6 run that gave the Tigers their biggest lead at 63-41 on Sam Willard’s dunk with 6:15 remaining.
Willard had 10 points and a game-high 13 rebounds to record his seventh double-double in 10 games. Willard was seventh in the nation in double-doubles entering Tuesday’s game.
Allen Huddleston scored 16 points for Pacific (6-4), which got seven 3-pointers from its starting backcourt of Young and Huddleston. The Tigers made half of their 20 3-point shots.
Kevin Foster scored 17 points to lead Santa Clara (5-5). Evan Roquemore had 12 points for the Broncos.
- Evans leads No. 8 Memphis over S. Miss 72-47
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- Florida St looking to continue success against zone defenses
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier