McNeese State holds off Jarvis Christian 96-91
LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP)—Patrick Richard scored 20 of his 24 points in the second half, leading six McNeese State players in double figures, as the Cowboys held off Jarvis Christian College 96-91 on Thursday night.
Richard made 13 of 15 free throws for the Cowboys (4-3), who saw a 47-24 halftime lead dwindle to five points midway through the second half.
Jarvis Christian, an NAIA school, closed to 67-62 with 9:16 to go, but couldn’t get within five points again until 32 seconds remained.
McNeese State, which shot 34 of 43 from the line, was 8 of 10 in the last 1:48 to stay undefeated at home at 4-0.
Daniel Richard added 15 points for the Cowboys, Diego Kapelan, C.J. Collins and Stephan Martin had 11 apiece and P.J. Alawoya had 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Brian Lockett scored 20 to lead the Bulldogs (5-6), who shot 49.2 percent from the field (30 of 61), but hit only 24 of 31 free throws.
- McNeese State holds off Jarvis Christian 96-91
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56