Alabama A&M rally overtakes Martin Methodist 75-70
NORMAL, Ala. (AP)—Casey Cantey scored 16 points and DeMarquelle Tabb had 13 points and 11 rebounds as Alabama A&M came back from a 15-point deficit in the second half to defeat Martin Methodist 75-70 on Saturday night.
Tabb scored twice on tip-ins during a 12-0 run by the Bulldogs (3-2) that brought them within three, 64-61, with 6:56 to play.
A layup by Tabb gave Alabama A&M a 68-67 lead with 2:26 left, its first lead since the opening minute of the game.
Brandon Hunter’s jumper regained the lead for the Redhawks, an NAIA team that came in with an 11-0 record but designated this game as an exhibition. A jumper by Desmond Jackson put the Bulldogs back on top to stay, 70-69, with 1:41 remaining.
Chris Leggett scored 19 points and Ree McCrory 15, with each getting 10 rebounds, for Martin Methodist, which used a 15-1 run to open a 17-4 lead and built its advantage to as much as 19 points.
- Jones' double-double leads Portland St. to win
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- Bond helps Temple top South Florida 77-65
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66