Ezeli leads Vanderbilt past Belmont 85-76
Ezeli scored 17 points in the second half as the Commodores overcame a 35-32 halftime deficit.
Vanderbilt scored the first six points of the second half and never trailed again. The Commodores shot 57 percent (12 of 21) over the final 20 minutes.
Jeffery Taylor added 16 points and eight rebounds for the Commodores (7-1). Lance Goulbourne had 15 points, and Brad Tinsley added 14 as Vanderbilt attempted 45 free throws—the most in the Kevin Stallings era (2000-present). The Commodores made 35 of them.
Belmont was led by Mick Hedgepeth with 16 points. Kerron Johnson added 13, and Jordan Campbell had 12.
The scrappy Bruins (5-2) led by as much as seven in the first half before settling for a three-point lead at the break.
- Brandon Davies withdraws from school, but plans to be back at BYU
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63