South Florida beats Liberty 60-43
TAMPA, Fla. (AP)—Mike Burwell scored 15 points and Ron Anderson grabbed 17 rebounds to lead South Florida past Liberty 60-43 in the second round of the South Padre Island Invitational on Tuesday night.
Burwell, a sophomore guard making his debut as a starter, hit his first four shots from behind the arc. He finished 5 of 7 from 3-point range for the Bulls (3-2).
Evan Gordon had 15 points to pace Liberty (2-4), which shot a season-low 29.2 percent (14 for 48) from the floor. No other players from either team scored in double figures.
Anderson, a junior transfer from Kansas State, collected 15 rebounds by the time South Florida had built a 35-20 halftime lead. He had 16 in his first four games combined for the Bulls.
Six different players scored during a 24-5 run that put South Florida ahead by 19 five minutes before the break. The advantage peaked at 53-29 with 8:07 remaining.
- A Harvard study examines whether you should foul up three
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78