Hicks scores 21 points in 82-64 win for Loyola
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP)—Jordan Hicks scored 21 points and Loyola of Chicago closed the first half on a 15-0 run Saturday en route to an 82-64 win over Western Michigan.
The Ramblers (5-0) led 23-22 with 5:46 remaining in the first half when Geoff McCammon and Hicks hit 3-pointers to spark the run. Western Michigan (0-2) had five turnovers and missed five shots during the stretch to fall behind 38-22 at halftime, and never got within 10 points of Loyola the rest of the way.
Terrance Hill added 13 points and eight rebounds for the Ramblers, who shot 52.8 percent (28 for 53) from the field and were 8 for 17 from 3-point range. McCammon had 11 points.
Flenard Whitfield had 17 points and eight rebounds for Western Michigan. Demetrius Ward added 14 points, and Nate Hutcheson had 12 points and eight rebounds. The Broncos made only 2 of 15 3-point shots in the game.
- Ball State rallies to edge Eastern Michigan 60-59 in OT
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro
- Davis helps No. 19 Dayton beat Rhode Island 68-66
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Yale winning streak at 11 after 75-65 win over Dartmouth
- Tough road awaits surging Wisconsin, back in Big Ten picture