Duquesne 63, Robert Morris 69
MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP)—Karon Abraham scored 15 points and Robert Morris made 6 of 8 free throws in the final two minutes Friday night to hold off Duquesne 69-63.
The Colonials (2-1) broke a 58-58 tie on a 3-pointer by Coron Williams with 3:55 to play and never trailed again. A layup by Russell Johnson, who had 13 points, with 2:45 to play was the last field goal for the Colonials.
Robert Morris snapped a three-game losing streak in the series and held an opponent to less than 39 percent field goal shooting for the second straight game. Duquesne (1-1) made 19 of 53 field goal attempts (35.8 percent).
The Colonials also won the battle on the boards and outrebounded the Dukes 48-34. The Colonials turned 18 offensive rebounds into 26 second-chance points.
Bill Clark led the Dukes with 22 points and T.J. McConnell added 12.
- Florida State rebounds, beating NC State 71-67
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67