Nevada rolls past Idaho 87-71 in WAC quarterfinal
RENO, Nev. (AP)—Luke Babbitt scored 21 points to lead five Nevada players in double figures and the Wolf Pack poured in seven 3-pointers in the first half en route to an 87-71 win over Idaho Thursday night in the quarterfinals of the Western Athletic Conference tournament.
Brandon Fields had 15 points, Joey Shaw 14, Armon Johnson 13 and Dario Hunt 12 for the Wolf Pack (20-11). Nevada shot 55 percent from the field and made 10 of 18 from 3-point range.
Nevada reached 20 victories for the seventh straight season. In Friday’s semifinals, the second-seeded Wolf Pack will meet third-seeded New Mexico State (20-11), which beat San Jose State 90-69 Thursday night.
Luciano de Souza had 20 points on 8-of-12 shooting from the field for Idaho (15-16), which shot 40 percent from the field and missed 8 of 19 free throws.
- Eric Cartman: “Stu-dent-ath-o-leets. Oh, that is brilliant sir.”
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four