Harris leads Michigan past Iowa 59-52
INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Manny Harris had 22 points and nine rebounds to help Michigan defeat Iowa 59-52 on Thursday in the first round of the Big Ten tournament.
DeShawn Sims added 14 points for the Wolverines (15-16), who advanced to play No. 5 Ohio State on Friday in the quarterfinals.
Iowa freshman Cully Payne scored a season-high 25 points and made five 3-pointers for Iowa (10-22). He had scored a combined four points his previous two games. He was 9 for 16 from the field, but the rest of the team shot 13 for 40.
Aaron Fuller added 10 points and 13 rebounds for the Hawkeyes.
Michigan had lost four of its previous five games but won all three games against the Hawkeyes this season.
Iowa closed the season by losing six of seven.
- Bob Huggins has a 'Huggie Bear' cartoon in his likeness
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner