Harris leads Michigan past Iowa 59-52
INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Manny Harris had 22 points and nine rebounds to help Michigan defeat Iowa 59-52 on Thursday in the first round of the Big Ten tournament.
DeShawn Sims added 14 points for the Wolverines (15-16), who advanced to play No. 5 Ohio State on Friday in the quarterfinals.
Iowa freshman Cully Payne scored a season-high 25 points and made five 3-pointers for Iowa (10-22). He had scored a combined four points his previous two games. He was 9 for 16 from the field, but the rest of the team shot 13 for 40.
Aaron Fuller added 10 points and 13 rebounds for the Hawkeyes.
Michigan had lost four of its previous five games but won all three games against the Hawkeyes this season.
Iowa closed the season by losing six of seven.
- Harris leads Michigan past Iowa 59-52
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?