Kool leads Western Michigan in MAC tourney
CLEVELAND (AP)—David Kool showed why he’s the Mid-American Conference’s player of the year, scoring 24 of his 26 points in the second half to rally Western Michigan to a 69-60 win over Central Michigan in the MAC quarterfinals on Thursday.
Kool missed all four shots in the first 20 minutes, but found his range after halftime when the Broncos (18-14) overcame a 14-point deficit. Western Michigan trailed 47-33 with 13:42 left before outscoring the second-seeded Chippewas (15-15) 36-13 the rest of the way to advance.
Flenard Whitfield added 12 points and 12 rebounds for Western Michigan.
Robbie Harman led Central Michigan with 20 points, Jordan Bitzer added 15 and Amir Rashid 14.
- Kool leads Western Michigan in MAC tourney
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four