Troy beats S. Alabama 67-55 in Sun Belt quarters
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP)—Richard Delk scored 17 points and Brandon Hazzard added 16 to lead top-seeded Troy past South Alabama 67-55 Sunday night in the quarterfinals of the Sun Belt tournament.
The Trojans used a 15-0 run to open a 20-point advantage in the first half. Troy (19-11) advances to play two-time defending champion Western Kentucky in the semifinals Monday.
Allyn Cooks led ninth-seeded South Alabama (17-15) with 13 points.
Troy led 38-21 at halftime. The Jaguars cut the deficit to eight with 6:31 remaining, but Troy’s Vernon Taylor caught an airball by Hazzard under the basket and scored to make it 56-46.
- Troy beats S. Alabama 67-55 in Sun Belt quarters
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise