Jackson, Moore lead Siena over Rider 72-62
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Clarence Jackson hit a pair of 3-pointers and Ronald Moore added another to key a game-changing 16-0 run in the second half, and Siena beat Rider 72-62 on Sunday night in the semifinals of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
Top-seeded Siena (26-6), whose only conference loss was 87-74 at Niagara three weeks ago, will play the winner of the other semifinal played later Sunday between the Niagara and Fairfield. It will be the fourth straight title trip for the Saints, who are the two-time defending champs.
Alex Franklin led Siena with 18 points, Jackson had 17, and Ryan Rossiter 10 points and 18 rebounds.
Moore finished with 15 points and 10 assists to run his career assist total to 812, one shy of Jared Jordan’s MAAC record, which ranks 25th all-time nationally. Moore leads the country with 7.7 assists per game.
Ryan Thompson led Rider (17-16) with 21 points.
- Jackson, Moore lead Siena over Rider 72-62
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot