William & Mary beats Northeastern 47-45
RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—David Schneider made a 3-pointer with 36 seconds left for his only field goal of the game and William & Mary beat Northeastern 47-45 on Sunday, sending the Tribe to the championship game of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament.
William & Mary (22-9) won despite blowing a 14-point halftime lead, and then allowing the Huskies seven shots at the tie or the victory in the final 30 seconds of the game.
Nkem Ojougboh had the last two attempts for Northeastern (20-12), both right in front of the basket, but Quinn McDowell blocked the first and the second wasn’t even close.
Danny Sumner led William & Mary with eight points.
Manny Adako paced the Huskies with 14 and Matt Janning had 12.
William & Mary, one of five teams never to participate in the NCAA tournament, will face top-seeded Old Dominion on Monday night with the winner earning an automatic NCAA berth.
- William & Mary beats Northeastern 47-45
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Having reached Final Four at last, Gonzaga's Mark Few says, 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself