Wright State puts Detroit away early in 69-50 win
INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Ronnie Thomas scored 18 points and Wright State raced to a 21-point halftime lead Saturday en route to a 69-50 victory over Detroit in the semifinals of the Horizon League tournament.
Thomas and Troy Tabler each hit four 3-pointers for the Raiders (20-11), who advance to the tournament championship game on Tuesday against Butler, which defeated Wisconsin-Milwaukee in the other semifinal.
Tabler finished with 16 points, Vaughn Duggins added 12 and Todd Brown had 10 for the Raiders, who attempted only four free throws (making three), but shot 49 percent from the field and 52 percent (12 of 23) on 3-point attempts.
Eli Holman led Detroit (20-14) with 12 points and eight rebounds. The Titans made only 2 of 15 3-pointers and shot 39 percent overall from the field.
Wright State used runs of 9-0 and 16-0 en route to a 39-18 halftime lead. Detroit never got closer than 14 in the second half.
- Timekeeper errors leads to contoversial Xavier-Butler ending
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims