Texas State beats Sam Houston State 101-97 in OT
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—John Rybak scored 25 points, including a free throw that sent the game into overtime, to lead Texas State to a 101-97 win over Sam Houston State on Saturday in the final regular season matchup for both teams.
Ryan White scored eight points for the Bobcats (15-15, 9-7 Southland) in the extra period, including going 6-for-6 from the line. Texas State outscored the Bearkats (22-7, 14-2) in overtime 14-10 for the win.
White finished with 19 points while Emmanuel Bidias A’ Moute added 16, Cameron Johnson 13 and Uriel Segura 10 for the Bobcats.
The Bearkats’ Gilberto Clavell scored a career-high 35 points, Josten Crow had 21, Ashton Mitchell 16 and Corey Allmond 12.
Sam Houston State has the No. 1 seed heading into the Southland Conference tournament next week. Texas State clinched a spot in the tournament, but its spot depends on the outcomes of other Saturday games.
- No. 15 UCLA beats Washington St. 64-53
- Kansas guard Graham apologizes after traffic warrant arrest
- Virginia's Perrantes struggling to rediscover shooting touch
- Gillon's 3 at buzzer lifts Syracuse past No. 10 Duke 78-75
- No. 8 Tar Heels top No. 7 Cardinals 74-63, stretch ACC lead
- No. 3 Kansas routs TCU 87-68 to clinch share of Big 12 title