SE Louisiana defeats Northwestern State 86-77
HAMMOND, La. (AP)—Patrick Sullivan scored 24 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and had five blocks to lead Southeastern Louisiana past Northwestern State 86-77 on Saturday.
Sullivan was 10-for-10 from the free throw line 7 of 13 from the field in the regular season finale for both teams.
Trent Hutchin added 21 points, DeShawn Patterson 12 points and seven assists and Robert Tibbs and Gary Dixon chipped in 11 points each for the Lions (18-11, 10-6 Southland Conference). The Lions improved to 14-1 at home this season.
The Demons (10-19, 5-11), who had a 40-29 halftime advantage, led 70-67 with 5:46 remaining. Southeastern Louisiana then scored seven straight to lead for good. Patterson’s jumper capped the spurt with 3:26 to play.
Will Pratt scored 21 points and Damon Jones added 15 for Northwestern State, which lost its fourth straight.
- SE Louisiana defeats Northwestern State 86-77
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look