Pennsylvania knocks off Dartmouth 78-68
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Jack Eggleston scored a career-high 25 points and had 11 rebounds to lead Pennsylvania to a 78-68 victory over Dartmouth on Saturday night.
Zack Rosen added 18 points and six assists and the Quakers (6-21, 5-8 Ivy League) shot 52.1 percent from the field (25 of 48) to win for the second time in nine games. Dartmouth (5-23, 1-13) finished the season on a five-game losing streak.
Penn led throughout, and by as many as 13 points, but Dartmouth cut the advantage to 70-64 on Mbiyimoh Ghogomu’s layup with 1:11 to play.
The teams traded baskets before Penn hit four free throws for a 76-66 lead with 16 seconds remaining.
Eggleston was 9-for-11 from the line and the Quakers shot 81.5 percent (22 of 27). Dan Monckton scored 14 and Mike Howlett added 10 for Penn, which finishes its season at Princeton on March 9.
Ronnie Dixon scored 18 points and Robby Pride 17 for Dartmouth.
- Pennsylvania knocks off Dartmouth 78-68
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four