Willard, Smith lead Pacific past Northridge 66-47
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Sam Willard scored 14 of his 20 points in a decisive first half, and Terrell Smith had a career-best 19 points as Pacific closed out the regular season with a 66-47 victory Saturday over Cal State Northridge.
Willard scored eight points in the Tigers’ 17-5 run to start the game, and Smith scored five points as part of a 12-0 run that gave Pacific (20-10, 12-4 Big West) a 31-16 first-half lead. The Tigers led 35-21 at the half and built the lead to as many as 24 in the second half.
Pacific enters the Big West tournament as the No. 2 seed and gets a bye into the conference semifinals on Friday.
Kenny Daniels scored 17 points and Willie Galick had 13 for Northridge (11-20, 6-10), which is the No. 8 seed and faces No. 5 seed Cal State Fullerton in the first round of the Big West tournament on Wednesday.
- Willard, Smith lead Pacific past Northridge 66-47
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look