Nevada beats La. Tech 79-68 for WAC No. 2 seed
RENO, Nev. (AP)—Luke Babbitt scored 29 points to lead Nevada to a 79-68 victory over Louisiana Tech on Saturday.
Nevada (19-11, 11-5 Western Athletic Conference), which got 13 points each from Brandon Fields and Armon Johnson, earned the No. 2 seed in the conference tournament in Reno and plays seventh-seeded Idaho in a first-round game on Thursday.
The Wolf Pack tied with New Mexico State for second in the WAC standings but earned the tiebreaker by sweeping the season series between the schools.
Magnum Rolle scored 22 points for Louisiana Tech (22-9, 9-7). The Bulldogs, who were 17-2 at one point, lost seven of its last 12 games to finish fourth in the WAC and faces No. 5 Fresno State in a first-round game on Thursday.
- Angry fan sitting in front row is ejected during Memphis' win
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game