Nevada beats La. Tech 79-68 for WAC No. 2 seed
RENO, Nev. (AP)—Luke Babbitt scored 29 points to lead Nevada to a 79-68 victory over Louisiana Tech on Saturday.
Nevada (19-11, 11-5 Western Athletic Conference), which got 13 points each from Brandon Fields and Armon Johnson, earned the No. 2 seed in the conference tournament in Reno and plays seventh-seeded Idaho in a first-round game on Thursday.
The Wolf Pack tied with New Mexico State for second in the WAC standings but earned the tiebreaker by sweeping the season series between the schools.
Magnum Rolle scored 22 points for Louisiana Tech (22-9, 9-7). The Bulldogs, who were 17-2 at one point, lost seven of its last 12 games to finish fourth in the WAC and faces No. 5 Fresno State in a first-round game on Thursday.
- Worst people in the world deface Kay Yow memorial
- Boise State tries to rebound from controversial ending
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska