UC Davis beats Cal State Fullerton 92-86 in OT
FULLERTON, Calif. (AP)—Dominic Calegari scored 28 points and pulled down 10 rebounds to lead UC Davis past Cal State Fullerton 92-86 in overtime on Saturday in the final regular season game for both teams.
The win gave UC Davis the No. 4 seed and a bye in the upcoming Big West Conference tournament, which begins next week. Cal State Fullerton grabbed the No. 5 seed and will play Cal State Northridge on Wednesday.
The Aggies (13-17, 8-8) were up 75-72 with less than 10 seconds left in regulation when Jacques Streeter sank a 3-pointer for the Titans (15-14, 8-8) to tie it and send the game into overtime.
From there, however, the Aggies outscored their opponents 17-11 for the win.
Julian Welch finished with 18 points for the Aggies.
Streeter and Gerard Anderson each scored 23 points for the Titans. Devon Peltier added 20 points and Jer’Vaughn Johnson finished with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
- Hasheem Thabeet welcomes himself to the good life
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul