Boise State cruises past San Jose State 85-56
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—Paul Noonan scored 15 points to lead Boise State to an 85-56 win over San Jose State on Saturday.
Boise State (15-16, 5-11) secured the final available spot in the WAC tournament next week in Reno. San Jose State (14-16, 6-10) locked up the No. 6 seed earlier this week.
Leading 21-18 with 7:50 left in the first half, Noonan hit a pair of 3-pointers to spark a 13-3 Boise State run and help the Broncos take control of the game.
San Jose State chipped away at the lead, but Noonan hit another 3-pointer to start a 7-0 Boise State run to close out the half with a 43-26 lead.
Robert Arnold scored 14 for Boise State, while Ike Okoye and Daequon Montreal added 12 points each.
Conference-leading scorer Adrian Oliver led San Jose State with 12 points. Robert Owens added 10 points while Chris Oakes pulled down a game-high 15 rebounds.
- Boise State cruises past San Jose State 85-56
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2