Jackson State defeats Alabama State 60-59
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—De’Suan Dixon scored 14 points and blocked a potential game-winning shot with 5 seconds left in Jackson State’s 60-59 win over Alabama State.
The Tigers (19-11, 17-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference) led 59-49 with 4:28 left, before the Hornets pulled within one late.
Jackson State had three turnovers during an 11-1 Alabama State (15-14, 12-6) run, capped by Tramayne Moorer’s layup for a 60-59 lead with 12 seconds left.
The Hornets fouled Jackson State’s Tyrone Hanson, who missed the front end of a 1-and-1. Dixon then blocked Christopher Duncan’s shot for the Tigers’ 13th straight win.
Garrison Johnson scored 20 points for Jackson State, the SWAC regular season champion.
Moorer finished with 19 points for Alabama State, which snapped a six-game winning streak. Menji Mundadi added 14 points and Tremaine Butler 10 for the Hornets.
- Turkish GM casts doubt on Enes Kanter's future at Kentucky
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69