Princeton defeats Dartmouth 71-43
PRINCETON, N.J. (AP)—Douglas Davis scored 15 points and Princeton defeated Dartmouth 71-43 on Friday night.
Patrick Saunders added 11 points for the Tigers (18-8, 9-3 Ivy League), who saw 12 of their players score. Princeton has won two games in a row after losing two straight.
The Tigers jumped out to a huge lead, as a 3-pointer from Dan Mavraides made the score 24-7 with 9:43 to play in the first half. Princeton led 39-20 at halftime.
In the first half, the Tigers shot 51.6 percent from the field (16-for-31), compared to only 30.4 percent for Dartmouth (7-for-23).
An 8-0 run in the second half gave Princeton its largest lead at 61-29 with 8:50 remaining.
R.J. Griffin paced the Big Green (5-22, 1-12) with nine points.
Dartmouth has lost four games in a row and is winless on the road this season.
- Princeton defeats Dartmouth 71-43
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done