Princeton defeats Dartmouth 71-43
PRINCETON, N.J. (AP)—Douglas Davis scored 15 points and Princeton defeated Dartmouth 71-43 on Friday night.
Patrick Saunders added 11 points for the Tigers (18-8, 9-3 Ivy League), who saw 12 of their players score. Princeton has won two games in a row after losing two straight.
The Tigers jumped out to a huge lead, as a 3-pointer from Dan Mavraides made the score 24-7 with 9:43 to play in the first half. Princeton led 39-20 at halftime.
In the first half, the Tigers shot 51.6 percent from the field (16-for-31), compared to only 30.4 percent for Dartmouth (7-for-23).
An 8-0 run in the second half gave Princeton its largest lead at 61-29 with 8:50 remaining.
R.J. Griffin paced the Big Green (5-22, 1-12) with nine points.
Dartmouth has lost four games in a row and is winless on the road this season.
- Four questions raised by the Kansas ticket-scalping scandal
- No. 5 Duke routs UNLV 94-45
- No. 11 Louisville runs away from Texas Southern 102-71
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- No. 15 West Virginia struggles early, beats VMI 90-55
- No. 9 Indiana cruises to a 42-point win over Houston Baptist