Harvard edges Pennsylvania 67-66
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Kyle Casey made two free throws with 12 seconds left to lift Harvard to a 67-66 victory over Penn on Friday night.
Jeremy Lin scored 19 points and the Crimson (21-6, 10-3 Ivy League) held Penn scoreless for the final 2:05 to win for the seventh time in eight games. Harvard swept the season series from the Quakers (5-21, 4-8), who have lost six of their past seven games.
Penn held a 66-62 lead when Harvard’s Brandyn Curry hit a 3-pointer to cut the deficit to 66-65 with 1:52 remaining.
The Quakers missed a shot and had three turnovers and Harvard missed a shot and had a turnover before Casey was fouled.
Penn’s Mike Howlett missed a jumper with 1 second left.
Christian Webster scored 11 points and Curry added 10 and nine assists for Harvard.
Rob Belcore, who hit five 3-pointers, scored 17 points, Zack Rosen had 15 and Dan Monckton added 14 for Penn.
- Harvard edges Pennsylvania 67-66
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims