Teel leads Loyola Marymount past Pepperdine 87-84
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Vernon Teel scored a game-high 27 points and Ashley Hamilton added 23 to lead Loyola Marymount past Pepperdine 87-84 in the first round of the West Coast Conference tournament Friday night.
Tell, who had six rebounds, went of 9 of 13 from the field. Hamilton was 13 of 15 from the free throw line for the fifth-seeded Lions (17-14), and Jarred Dubois and Drew Viney added 12 points apiece.
The Lions will face No. 4 San Francisco (12-17) in the quarterfinals Saturday.
Keion Bell led eighth-seeded Pepperdine (7-24) with 25 points. Taylor Darby added 18 points and 12 rebounds for the Waves, who ended the season on a 12-game losing streak.
After trailing 62-51 with 10 minutes left, the Waves cut the lead to 86-84 with 23 seconds remaining. But after Viney one free throw, the Waves could not get a potential tying 3-pointer off before the buzzer.
- Kyle Anderson’s commitment raises hopes for UCLA resurgence
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue