Teel leads Loyola Marymount past Pepperdine 87-84
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Vernon Teel scored a game-high 27 points and Ashley Hamilton added 23 to lead Loyola Marymount past Pepperdine 87-84 in the first round of the West Coast Conference tournament Friday night.
Tell, who had six rebounds, went of 9 of 13 from the field. Hamilton was 13 of 15 from the free throw line for the fifth-seeded Lions (17-14), and Jarred Dubois and Drew Viney added 12 points apiece.
The Lions will face No. 4 San Francisco (12-17) in the quarterfinals Saturday.
Keion Bell led eighth-seeded Pepperdine (7-24) with 25 points. Taylor Darby added 18 points and 12 rebounds for the Waves, who ended the season on a 12-game losing streak.
After trailing 62-51 with 10 minutes left, the Waves cut the lead to 86-84 with 23 seconds remaining. But after Viney one free throw, the Waves could not get a potential tying 3-pointer off before the buzzer.
- Teel leads Loyola Marymount past Pepperdine 87-84
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?