N.J. Tech 57, Utah Valley St. 65
OREM, Utah (AP)—Jordan Swarbrick scored 13 points, including 8 of 10 from the free throw line, to lead Utah Valley to a 65-57 victory over NJIT on Thursday night.
Kevin Woods added 12 points and Shawn Deadwiler 10 for the Wolverines (12-16, 5-7 Great West Conference), who led 25-18 at halftime.
Jheryl Wilson went 9-for-13 from the floor and made all seven free throws in scoring 26 points for the Highlanders (9-18, 4-6). Chris Flores added 10 points.
Aaron England’s basket with 4:02 left in the first half put the Wolverines ahead 19-18, and they never relinquished the lead.
Deadwiler gave Utah Valley its biggest lead with a 3-pointer that made it 47-27 with 9:28 remaining. NJIT did not get closer than seven points the rest of the way.
The Wolverines are now 7-1 all-time against the Highlanders. However, NJIT won the first meeting between the teams Jan. 30 in Newark.
- Neil Reed, the Indiana player Bob Knight choked, dies at age 36
- Kansas star Jackson charged with criminal damage
- Princeton wins 14th straight, improves to 11-0 in Ivy
- UNCW coach says focus on NCAA tourney, not another job
- After NBA departures, Wichita State rolling and eyeing NCAAs
- No. 1 Gonzaga stays perfect