Ohio cruises to 82-60 win over Bowling Green
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—Armon Bassett scored 17 points as Ohio cruised to an 82-60 win over Bowling Green on Thursday night in the regular-season finale for both teams.
D. J. Cooper had his fifth double-double of the season with 11 assists and 10 rebounds, plus seven steals to set a single-season record for steals (85) for the Bobcats (17-14, 7-9 Mid-American Conference), who split the season series with the Falcons. Tournament play begins Sunday.
Kenneth van Kempen, who had eight points and eight rebounds, became Ohio’s all-time leader in games played (128).
The Bobcats, who were 9-for-18 from 3-point range, also set a school record for 3-pointers (230).
Ohio didn’t score until 3:34 into the game. Trailing 7-5, the Bobcats closed the final 11:50 of the first half with a 28-8 run and led by as many as 35 in the second half.
Scott Thomas led the Falcons (14-15, 6-10) with 17 points.
- Ohio cruises to 82-60 win over Bowling Green
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four