Kennesaw State upsets top-seeded Lipscomb 72-69
MACON, Ga. (AP)—Kurtis Woods scored on a go-ahead layup with 19 seconds left and Kennesaw State upset top-seeded Lipscomb 72-69 on Wednesday in the first round of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament.
Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings knocked down two free throws with 6.1 seconds left to seal the game for the Owls (13-19), who snapped a seven-game losing streak. Kennesaw State advance to Friday’s semifinals to face either Campbell or East Tennessee State.
Jordan Burgason attempted a 3-pointer for the Bisons (17-13)—who entered the contest with four straight wins—but his shot hit the back of the rim as time expired to preserve the victory for eighth-seeded Kennesaw State.
Woods led the Owls with 19 points, Kelvin McConnell had 14 and Cummings added 13.
A-Sun player of the year Adnan Hodzic led Lipscomb with 29 points and 16 rebounds for his 11th double-double of the season.
- By 2012, cream cheese may no longer be an NCAA violation
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set