Kennesaw State upsets top-seeded Lipscomb 72-69
MACON, Ga. (AP)—Kurtis Woods scored on a go-ahead layup with 19 seconds left and Kennesaw State upset top-seeded Lipscomb 72-69 on Wednesday in the first round of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament.
Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings knocked down two free throws with 6.1 seconds left to seal the game for the Owls (13-19), who snapped a seven-game losing streak. Kennesaw State advance to Friday’s semifinals to face either Campbell or East Tennessee State.
Jordan Burgason attempted a 3-pointer for the Bisons (17-13)—who entered the contest with four straight wins—but his shot hit the back of the rim as time expired to preserve the victory for eighth-seeded Kennesaw State.
Woods led the Owls with 19 points, Kelvin McConnell had 14 and Cummings added 13.
A-Sun player of the year Adnan Hodzic led Lipscomb with 29 points and 16 rebounds for his 11th double-double of the season.
- Kentucky players stomp on Louisville Cardinal? Uh-oh
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne