Stephen F. Austin holds off Central Arkansas 54-49
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Eddie Williams had 10 points and 12 rebounds Wednesday night and Stephen F. Austin clinched first place in the Southland Conference East Division with a 54-49 victory over Central Arkansas.
Jordan Glynn led the Lumberjacks (21-7, 11-4) with 12 points and Walt Harris added 10. Stephen F. Austin locked up the No. 2 seed in next week’s Southland Conference tournament.
Tadre Sheppard led the Bears (8-21, 2-13) with 13 points. Jared Rehmel scored 12, all on 3-pointers.
Stephen F. Austin did most of its damage in the paint, outscoring Central Arkansas 30-10. The Bears made nine 3-pointers, four by Rehmel, but came up short.
A late 12-2 Central Arkansas run trimmed the Lumberjacks’ lead to 50-49 with 20 seconds left, but Harris and Glynn each made a pair of free throws to seal the victory.
- Create a caption: The national title game’s most unlikely duo
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin